Getting Back To It

Getting Back To It

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bump in the road

I am writing this from albany medical center hospital. It is now 12:03pm. Last night at 9:30PM Aaron had a full blown psychotic episode. He was quite aggressive, not at all Aaron's usual behavior. Typically he would get agitated, however with some persuading we could get him to relax and return to normal. This time was quite different. Seeing your child in this condition is the most difficult thing Donna and I have ever experienced with our children. We called 911 and requested an ambulance to Albany medical center. We are still in the emergency room, however this is what we do know. There is no sign of brain hemmorage, as a matter of fact, the swelling is decreased from the last scan. The doctors feel the issue is drug induced from the steroids. He will most likely be placed in the medical medicine unit. He needs to have a person present at all times until these episodes are quieted. Please pray for Strength and deliverance from weariness. Also pray that this issue is indeed drug induced and Aaron would be delivered from these episodes. Jennifer sent us a devotion which included Psalm 77

 1 I cried out to God for help;
   I cried out to God to hear me.
2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
   at night I stretched out untiring hands,
   and I would not be comforted.

 3 I remembered you, God, and I groaned;
   I meditated, and my spirit grew faint.[b]
4 You kept my eyes from closing;
   I was too troubled to speak.
5 I thought about the former days,
   the years of long ago;
6 I remembered my songs in the night.
   My heart meditated and my spirit asked:

 7 “Will the Lord reject forever?
   Will he never show his favor again?
8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
   Has his promise failed for all time?
9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
   Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”

 10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
   the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
   yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
   and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”

 13 Your ways, God, are holy.
   What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
   you display your power among the peoples.
15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
   the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.

 16 The waters saw you, God,
   the waters saw you and writhed;
   the very depths were convulsed.
17 The clouds poured down water,
   the heavens resounded with thunder;
   your arrows flashed back and forth.
18 Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind,
   your lightning lit up the world;
   the earth trembled and quaked.
19 Your path led through the sea,
   your way through the mighty waters,
   though your footprints were not seen.

 20 You led your people like a flock
   by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

There are times in life when His miracles seem to escape the present, which leaves the Christian the only option but to reflect on His Mighty works of the past. When our fellow believers go through this valley (and there are plenty brethren that come to my mind) it is imperative that the brethern become as Aaron and Hur, otherwise the war can be lost.

Love, Fred, Donna and family

2 comments:

  1. Oh Fred, Donna, Elizabeth, AARON, Jennifer & Nathan........ I can't even fathom what you are all going thru. We are interceeding on your behalf. Know that EVERY TIME you guys come to mind, we are storming heavens gates for you. Praying for full healing........ strength.... peace...... we love you guys and are here on our knees for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Stacy (akin) Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I know Aaron from WHAZ and want you to know that he has been and will continue to be in my prayers, and our congregation is praying and intereding before the throne of God for him and for your family.

    James Glasscock

    ReplyDelete